The Best Preschools in Cleveland, OH Teach Kindness
At Bee My Baby, we teach the values of kindness, compassion and mercy every day. That’s just one of the things we do to be one of the best preschools in the Cleveland, OH area. But it may be one of the most important things. Children are impulsive and can be mean or self-centered. However, with prompting, children can learn to improve their interactions with others.
Bee My Baby offers three tips on how to teach your child kindness.
1. Look for Kindness in Stories, Books and Films
The main characters often show kindness in beloved fairy tales, children’s classics and favorite movies.
- It doesn’t matter how old-fashioned or dated the stories. Children will begin to imitate the positive actions of the characters.
- Popular children’s movies often suggest empathy and kindness. Your child will soak in these qualities without even realizing it.
2. Smile Often – Compliment Even More Often
A smile and compliment mean as much as learning their numbers and ABC’s.
- Smiling is contagious. It can change a kid’s entire day.
- A random compliment works wonders. Comment on their clothes, completing chores, or how good they make you feel.
- Laugh a lot! Laughter can make a child forget about the things that bothered them.
- Tell a silly joke – the sillier the better.
3. Volunteer Together
Leading by example speaks a lot more than just the words. Volunteer your time together at a local charity or non-profit.
Helping with a park clean-up will show your child the importance of the environment. Donating time at a food pantry teaches mercy and empathy by helping the less fortunate.
Volunteering stresses the importance of providing help and comfort. These values will stay with children a long time.
Looking for the Best Cleveland OH Preschools?
Bee My Baby Preschools serve the Cleveland area with preschools in North Olmsted OH and Lakewood. We would love to have you as a part of our Bee My Baby family.